- Unending Joy means that whether or not I have joy is not conditional. What do I mean by this? This means that I still have a spirit of joy when the circumstances in my life are far from ideal. For example, when my medical conditions are being thorns in my side and God reminds me that I have still have reasons to smile. I do and it is a genuine smile. That is unending to me, when in my humanness I would not be experiencing joy at that moment, but because God enables me to, I do.
- Assurance of Eternity makes it so that I do not have to be afraid of death. How is that possible you may ask? The answer is because Christ gave His life for me on the cross. I am so thankful that I do not have to earn my way to Heaven because I would never be good enough. That is why the only perfect person to ever walk this Earth took my place. All I had to do was accept the free gift of salvation He was offering me (Romans 10:9-10 NIV).
- Everlasting Security has to do with fear much like the previous blessing. It seems that God has been continually reminding me lately that I was not created to live in fear (2 Timothy 1:7 NLT). That is because for a long time I listened to lies Satan was telling me. I allowed those lies to keep me in the bondage of fear, which kept me from living the abundant life God has for me. That is why I love scripture like this week’s reflection verse because it reminds that through Christ I have eternal security. Therefore, I have no need to be afraid because no matter what God holds me securely in His hands and nothing can completely overtake me.
- Being Loved Unconditionally enables me to be exactly who God created me to be. I am so grateful that God does not put conditions on His love for me. In a world that loves to categorize and criticize people, it is so awesome to serve a God who loves us all regardless.
- His Strength Not Mine is a huge blessing. Why is that? The reason is on my own I am just the normal weaker me. With God’s help though I am stronger than I would have ever imagined (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV).
So have you figured out whose name is hidden in this week’s post? If you have I would love to hear how he blesses you. Or if you want you can tell me what this week’s blessings mean to you. If you do not know the person whose name is hidden in this week’s blog, I would love to talk to you about Him.