So far this week, I have been writing about different steps of faith and changes I have made in my life. Today, I decided to write about one of my life long journeys. From a very young age, I have always had a very vivid imagination. God gave me the gift of a vivid imagination to enable me to be content regardless of my circumstances. That may sound a little silly to you, but I believe it to be true.
Why do I believe that God who holds the whole world in His hands, loved me so much that He would take the time to equip me from day one with an imagination that was bigger than me?
I am so excited to tell you why I believe that to be true. I’m just praying that it makes sense in spite of my excitement🙂.
- God knew before I even became the sweet baby that is in the picture (Psalm 139:13, NIV).
- He created and equipped for my own unique purpose (Psalm 139:14, Jeremiah 29:11).
So what does all of this have to do with my oversized imagination? Knowing that I believe both of the above statements are true, God designed me to be able to cope with the situations I would face in this journey called life. What do I mean by that? Most of you probably have an idea of what I am going to say. In case you are new to my blog though, there is something you need to understand That sweet little baby in the picture at top of the post (me), was born with a condition called Cerebral Palsy.
You may be thinking if God loves me so much, why would He allow me to be born with a condition like C.P. ? I would be lying if I told you that I completely understand God and why He allows certain things to happen.
However I do know a couple truths I can share:
- God loves you and I more than anything. Even more than His one and only Son (John 3;16).
- No matter what you and I face in this life, God will at some point show that person how He will use that situation to his/her benefit (Romans 8:28).
Am I saying that being disabled is beneficial to me? If I am entirely honest, I can’t say that my disability is always a condition that I feel blessed to possess. However, like I mentioned in yesterday’s post, a lot of life is about choice. You and I have the ability choose the way we see the situations we face.
How did God giving me the gift of a big imagination help me to discover the qualities God had equipped me with to be content despite my circumstances?
- Learned early to be content playing by myself. Although technically, I was not playing by myself. You would often find me playing with my baby dolls or stuff animals in my room.
- Developed a love for being to read to and later on reading on my own. In the pages of a book, I could be anyone or anywhere I wanted without ever leaving home.
- As I grew up, I loved the stories in my books so much, that I began to write stories of my own. At first, I wrote stories about the things my family and I had done (vacations, movies). Then I began to write stories that had characters based on people I knew. In my teen years, my writing took the form of poetry. Finally, I started my blog to work on my writing and to share it with others.
Thank you for allowing me to share with you today…I hope you will come back and visit me tomorrow