This week as part of Proverbs 31 Limitless Life Online Bible Studies we were challenged to begin crafting a life vision for ourselves. You may be wondering how does a person craft a life vision? Well in his book Limitless Life, Pastor Derwin Gray, suggests five questions to help us craft our own life vision.
The 5 Questions Are:
1. How do you want to be seen in ten years?
2. What do you want to be known for in ten years?
3. What do you want your family to be like?
4. What makes your heart sing?
5. Who in your life will tell you the truth about yourself?
To be honest, at first these 5 questions were a bit overwhelming. Instead of letting the feeling of being overwhelmed stop me from beginning this process, I decided to answer them a little differently. When I have been on teams/groups who were casting a vision before, we began with a concept or a name. I thought why not use my name? What do I want to be known for? What do I want people to say they see in me?
Here’s what I have come up with so far….
Shines her light for Him
So what does my pretty acrostic mean?
My Vision Statement
- Letting God shine through what I say and do.
- Giving all I am over to God and doing whatever He calls me to do. That might mean new people, places, or positions whatever it is I am open.
- Loving each person that comes into my life like I have been loved (1 John 4:19).
- Showing others not only who I truly am, but being a true reflection of the One I love and serve.
- Serving my family, friends, and community in love.
I know you are probably thinking, that is really nice Sarah, but isn’t that going to be tough to actually live out? Truthfully if I was on my own, it would be impossible. Thankfully, though I am not doing it on my own and my life verse is true.
The most amazing part to me is as my life changes, my life vision changes. Let’s not bogged down in the process friends, because if I had let it overwhelm me, I wouldn’t even have a place to start. Let’s start friends and see where God leads🙂